Most people will experience some type of electrical problem in their home at some point or another. However, a lot of people don’t realise that these problems could have been easily avoided if they had paid attention to the warning signs.
A lot of electrical issues could be avoided if you know what to look out for. To help you out, we have put together 4 warning signs that are telling you that you have an electrical problem.
If you touch an appliance and feel a slight shock or tingle, there is a good chance that there is a problem with the appliance or with the electrical wiring. It’s important that you don’t ignore any type of shock that you feel; this could leave to serious consequences. You should inform a professional electrician as soon as possible – they will confirm if there is a problem.
Flickering lights is often warning you that a light bulb is loose or faulty. The first thing you should do is replace the bulb and see if that solves the issue. If it doesn’t, then you now know that there is a more serious problem. It could be your electrical wiring or it could be a loose connection at your breaker box. Either way, you will need a electrician to confirm the problem.
Can you smell a burning odour around your electrical appliances? If the answer is yes then you need to get it checked out straight away. It’s extremely serious – it could be the beginning signs of an electrical fire.
You should switch the power off at the electrical power and wait until it’s been checked out before turning it back on.
Constant electrical sparks should never be ignored. Whilst some appliances spark when you first plug them in, the ones that happen frequently should be taken as a warning sign to something more serious. Sparks that are unprovoked or happen randomly are the ones which you need to look out for.
If you have an electrical problem that you think needs to be checked out by a professional, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Whether you’re looking for a home or commercial electrician in Liverpool, we can help you out.
Just give us a call on 0151 482 5534 and a member of our team will be happy to help.